[Seaside] Question on using Toothpick - the logging tool

Squeaker squeakman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 02:07:18 UTC 2008

I using Toothpick (for the first time) to do my logging.  I am using the
FileLogger and what I want to do is to log all messages to a file.

What I observe is that only the last log message is written to the file
(in the Windows world). A bit of browsing the code reveals that the
stream pointer is not set to the end of the file.

I "fixed" the method FileLogger>>flush to be as follows:

1 flush
2	buffer position == 0 ifFalse: [
3		mutex critical: [
4			self stream setToEnd;
5				nextPutAll: buffer contents;
6				flush;
7				close.
8			buffer reset]]

with me adding the "setToEnd;" on line 4.

When I tested this change it does what I want and logs all messages to
the file.

My question: is this a proper fix or have I missed something?

Thanks,
Frank