[Seaside] Seaside vs. Traditional

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 16:20:08 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 12:09 PM, cdrick <cdrick65 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I feel people use Seaside even when they don't need it ! (myself
> included), this is the price of fame ;)
>
> Would it be crazy to imagine a 100% smalltalk solution mixing REST for
> classic web (even dynamic) and seaside for really complex stuffs
> (control panels, real app with plenty of dependance).
>
> What are the best practises today ? Having a classic html framework
> like php and then seaside for complex part ? and you mix with apache ?

Now I'm really out of my league!  I only know what you are talking about in
a very general sense!

I just picture a world where you can use a drag and drop interface right in
your browser to create common web applications, wire them up to your model,
(potentially right in, say, a Gemstone or other persistent environment right
out of the box), and be able to quickly do some basic work for typical
business problems!

Rob