[Seaside] Seaside vs. Traditional

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 17:27:37 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another minor detail is that when I open a new browser window I get
> the same counter, not a new one as in Seaside.

This is how Janko explained it to me...

Rob

That's completely right and expected Aida behavior, because from both
browsers you look at the same domain object. But see the further answer
below.

> Furthermore, if I enter the site from the same computer in two different
> browsers and add "self inspect" at the top of MyObjectApp>>viewMain, I
> the app instance seems to be the same.

Do you mean different browser windows of the same browser (just FF for
instance) or two different browsers, like IE and FF? In first case it is
natural that you see just one session because by just opening a new
window you don't open a new session but reusing an existing one. In
later case you should have two separate sessions.