[Seaside] Re: Re: SULibrary and prototypeJs

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 12:39:57 UTC 2008

On 31/03/2008, itsme213 <itsme213 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Dave Bauer" <dave at thedesignexperience.org> wrote in message
>  > Why is this necessary? Isn't it possible to add the appropriate
>  > headers to the returned javascript when it is changed?
> Quite possible, if I knew how :-) This was just what worked for me after
>  much aggravation.

There is Last-Modified header to specify the date when static content
changed last time.
And then, browser will send
If-Modified-Since request, and server can act as following:

The If-Modified-Since request-header field is used with a method to
make it conditional: if the requested variant has not been modified
since the time specified in this field, an entity will not be returned
from the server; instead, a 304 (not modified) response will be
returned without any message-body.