[Seaside] render methods vs non-render methods in components - convention?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Mar 31 16:32:10 UTC 2008

>> But what about the other methods?  How would you know if another method
>> is being called from a render method or from a callback, or maybe both?

Lukas> Exactly the same pattern, call it #render([A-Z][a-z]+)*On: and put it
Lukas> into a category called #rendering.

Well, what I'm thinking about is the auxiliary methods?  Maybe it's
always obvious, but I'm thinking about the case where sometimes a
callback method would call it, and sometimes a render method would
call it.  I'm wondering if I'm thinking about a case that usually
doesn't happen, or whether this actually does run into trouble.