[Seaside] error: MessageNotUnderstood: StRootComponent>>menuComponent:

Stefan Schmiedl s at xss.de
Tue May 6 06:46:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, 5 May 2008 23:33:28 -0700
"Chris Dawson" <xrdawson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm running the one-click installer for Seaside 2.8.1 and am running into
> some trouble following the tutorial (
> http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/seaside/tutorial) and would appreciate
> help.  I get this error message:
>
> "MessageNotUnderstood: StRootComponent>>menuComponent:"
>
> This looks to me like the instance variable menuComponent is not defined,
> but I see it when I select the StRootComponent in the object browser.

Look closely: The message 'menuComponent:' is not understood by objects
of the class 'StRootComponent'. This means that the definition of the
setter method is missing, not the definition of the instance variable.

Try defining the message by something like

	menuComponent: aComponent
		menuComponent := aComponent

or whatever makes sense in the tutorial's context.

s.