[Seaside] Re: WAPresenter>>processCallbackStream: aCallbackStream

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue May 6 15:05:56 UTC 2008

>  > It might be dropped in upcoming versions of Seaside.
>
>  Any idea yet which way Seaside 2.9 will go on this?

We can't just drop WABasicAuthentication, WASessionProtector and
WATransaction, these are not marked as deprecated in Seaside 2.8.

Around the time of Seaside 2.2 sessions were able to take decorations.
If we reintroduced that, we could move WABasicAuthentication,
WASessionProtector and WATransaction to the session without loosing
any functionality. Logically these decorations belong closer to the
sessions than components anyway. Even if this introduces a significant
amount of code-duplication (the whole decoration mechanism) between
WASession and WAComponent this is certainly a good way to go.

>  And whether Ajax
>  callback of one component can re-render other distant components without
>  problems?

If dropped, that will be a positive consequence, yes. It is certainly
a goal to make AJAX easier in future versions of Seaside.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch