[Seaside] Seaside Error Handler for emailing the error

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue May 6 22:50:08 UTC 2008

Nevin, I'm reminded of a old solution of 10 years back where someone I
knew in the early days of Gemstone would stuff the VW stack context
into Gemstone, then email the developer.
The developer then could take load the context and then have an image
that matched what happened when the error occurred, which greatly
assisted debugging.

I note if you are using squeak, the stack dump routine doesn't print a
sufficient number of stack frames, or data. For Sophie we had to
adjust things by as much as a factor of 10
to get enough information that is mailed by request to our developer
site when an uncaught exception occurs.

On May 2, 2008, at 6:52 PM, Nevin Pratt wrote:

> Old versions of Seaside had an error handler that could email an
> administrator the stack trace if an error occured.  I don't see that
> option in the newer Seaside versions.  Am I overlooking something?
>
> Nevin

=
=
=