[Seaside] question on database and scaling

Edward Stow ed.stow at gmail.com
Mon May 12 05:23:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 3:14 PM, James Foster <Smalltalk at jgfoster.net> wrote:

> GemStone/S Web Edition is available at no cost, even for commercial use,
> with the primary limitation of 4 GB of disk. For more information see
> http://seaside.gemstone.com. Dale's blog

James, could you clarify the terms and conditions of the Web Edition.
That is Gemstone is available for free commercial use **only if**
Gemstone is running on / in the VMWare virtual appliance.  Can you
confirm?

For me this is an awkward restriction as I use a VPS to host my web
applications.

> (http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/) has a series of posts on scaling, as
> well as other good, up-to-date information. The Seaside work is in an open
> beta where anyone who asks is given access to the latest download.
>
> James Foster
> GemStone Systems, Inc.

Edward Stow