[Seaside] [ANN] OmniBrowser SeasideXUL Platform

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Tue May 13 01:04:58 UTC 2008

On 2008 May 12, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there's the new project home on google code:
> http://code.google.com/p/seasidexul/. You may download the image with
> OmniBrowser from this site.

Thanks.

> There's an experimental image based on the KernelImage too.
> Can you describe your loading problems from the SqueakSource?

I have loaded all projects from Squeaksource that you described in the
original XUL email mid-April

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.seaside/15269

 (although I generally loaded the latest).

When attaching to running server:

http://localhost:8085/seaside

I obtained:

Internal Error
Error: My subclass should have overridden #encodeUrl:
WANullCodec(Object)>>subclassResponsibility
WANullCodec(WACodec)>>encodeUrl:
WAUrlEncoder>>nextPutAll:
[] in WAUrl>>encodePathOn: {[:each | aDocument urlEncoder nextPutAll: each]}
OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:separatedBy:
WAUrl>>encodePathOn:
WAUrl>>encodeOn:usingHtmlEntities:
WAUrl>>encodeOn:
WAHtmlStreamDocument>>print:
[] in WAHtmlAttributes>>encodeOn: {[:key :value | value == false ifFalse:
[aDocument nextPut: Character space...]}
WAHtmlAttributes(WASmallDictionary)>>keysAndValuesDo:
WAHtmlAttributes>>encodeOn:
WAHtmlStreamDocument>>openTag:attributes:closed:
WALinkElement(WAHtmlElement)>>encodeBeforeOn:
WALinkElement(WAHtmlElement)>>encodeOn:
WAHtmlStreamDocument>>print:
[] in WAHtmlRoot>>writeElementsOn: {[:each | aDocument print: each]}
OrderedCollection>>do:
WAHtmlRoot>>writeElementsOn:
WAHtmlRoot>>writeHeadOn:

> You may use the issue tracker.

Before that, I will have to do this again, I did not pay attention to details.

Also, as latest XUL is now in Seaside 2.8, would there be an equivalent list
of projects to load?

Milan