[Seaside] SEO and Seaside

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue May 13 19:18:34 UTC 2008

> I'm having great difficulty loading Pier from SqueakMap. Lots of errors.
> Whatever portion I have successfully loaded, I've had a cursory look at, and
> it's very complicated. It would seem that it'll take me months to understand
> the Pier code.

Try the one-click image or start from a fresh 3.9 image, that usually
works without problems.

> Is it possible to give me a few pointers that can quickly get me to what I
> need to know? I don't have that much time and resources to go wading through
> Pier just to figure out how to make my app SEO-friendly.

Have a look at #updateRoot: and #initialRequest: of WABrowser that
comes with Seaside. This is simpler.

What I wanted to point out with Pier is that the web-sites are
properly indexed by Google. The implementation is obscure indeed,
because I have to keep backward comparability with existing code.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch