[Seaside] expiryPathFor:

James Foster Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Wed May 14 18:44:33 UTC 2008

On May 14, 2008, at 7:30 PM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Richard> In my Seaside app, I want to specify a particular URL to go
> to in case the
> Richard> session expires. As far as I can tell, the way to do this
> is to use
> Richard> #expiryPathFor: from WAApplication/WARegistry. However, I
> don't know how to
> Richard> get at the WAApplication/WARegistry object for my app. Can
> anyone tell me?
>
> MyApp class>>#initialize
> "self initialize"
> | thisApplication |
> super initialize.
> thisApplication := self registerAsApplication: #myapplicationprefix.
> " your code would go here "
> thisApplication expiryPathFor: ...
>
> or something like that (untested).  But that's where you can get at
> the application object.

While it is true that this gives you the application object,
#expiryPathFor: is more of a getter than a setter. It *returns* a new
path, it doesn't set a path. What Richard should have said instead of
"the way to do this is to use #expiryPathFor:' was "the way to do this
is to *override* #expiryPathFor:'. And then the question becomes how
to create (not access) an application as a different class.

James