[Seaside] Is there an easy way to decorate Canvas elements to incorporate other toolkits?

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu May 15 13:51:26 UTC 2008

2008/5/15 Tim M <365nice at gmail.com>:
> I am new to Seaside, and am playing around and kicking the tires.
>
> I wanted to do a demo for some of my colleagues and one of the things we
> played around with a few weeks ago was Dojo (which really impressed quite a
> few people).
>
> I have read posts about how Dojo is not the way to go - however as part of
> my playing around with the technology I wanted to see if I could incoporate
> some Dojo look and feel stuff into my simple Seaside tutorial app.
>
> One thing that struck me, is that my app is happily rendering some forms
> using things like:
>
>  html textInput callback: [:value | self user userName: value]; value: self
> user userName]
>
> To get a Dojo look and feel all I need to do is render html that looks a bit
> like the following:
>  <input type="text" length="20" name="first"  dojoType="dijit.form.TextBox">

If you only need the dojoType you can simply make a class extentsion
in WATagBrus

dojoType: aString
    self atttrubuteAt: 'dojoType' put: aString

html textInput
    html textInput
        on: #userName of: self user;
        dojoType: 'dijit.form.TextBox'

there should already be a method for length. If you want to set the
name, then the Seaside callback mechanism won't work anymore.

Cheers
Philippe