[Seaside] How can I show the seaside toolbar to selected users (using Pier)?

Matthias Berth matthias.berth at googlemail.com
Fri May 16 09:42:19 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am hiding the toolbar (new session, configure, toggle halos etc) by
setting the deployment mode to true  for my application. Now I'd like
to switch the toolbar back on for selected users (i.e. the css
designer). I am using Pier as the basis for my application.

What would be the simplest way to switch on the toolbar selectively?

I have found the short discussion in

  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2007-October/014897.html

where Sebastian Sastre sugested to have a component render its own
toolbar. I've tried that, but PRPierFrame delegates its rendering so I
can't sneak in a WAToolFrame.

Keith Hodges subsequently published a helper in
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2007-November/015091.html

I cannot get that to work either.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated :-)

Cheers

Matthias