[Seaside] Fatal Flaw in my Web App!

Richard Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Fri May 23 13:14:37 UTC 2008

I just discovered a fatal flaw in my web app. By chance, I was looking
at the PostgreSQL database for my app, which uses GLORP. When I did
the following in PSQL:

SELECT * FROM PG_STAT_ACTIVITY;

I discovered much to my horror that the DB connections from previous
logins/logouts were still lingering around. I had assumed that they'd
timeout and go away. When I logout, I do a session expire, and I
thought this takes care of all GLORP issues. Apparently, I was dead
wrong!

Is there a nice easy way for me to solve this without doing major
surgery to my web app? At the time of logout (or even Seaside session
timeout), I do not necessarily have access to the GLORP instance
variables.

Thanks,
Richard