[Seaside] Fatal Flaw in my Web App!

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Mon May 26 09:53:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 17:32 -0300, Sebastian Sastre wrote:
> ...and that's why we use connection pools for those sessions right?

The main objective to use the pools is to save connections. As databases
are getting slower with increasing number of connections you should
think about keeping them low. As Ramon said, database sessions aren't
tied to connections so a pool is good to achieve it. I have 10
images running with each of them having approx. 2 connections open.
Btw. the connection pool is also a protection against stalled
connections.

Norbert