[Seaside] Seaside and Apache, httpd.conf issue

Leandro Perez leandromperez at gmail.com
Wed May 28 11:52:00 UTC 2008

Thanks Maarten,
Before I read your post, I was able to partially fix my httpd.conf.
I was just missing a "/" before the "$1 [P,L]", so Apache was mapping all
"/seaside/*" to "/seaside",
e.g. http://localhost/seaside/go -> mapped to ->
http://localhost:7777/seasidego instead of http://localhost:7777/seaside/go

here is the fixed httpd.conf, each request starting with /seaside/ is mapped
to the seaside server.

    NameVirtualHost *:80

    <VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName localhost
        RewriteEngine On
        ProxyVia Block
        ProxyPreserveHost On
        RewriteRule ^/seaside/(.*)$ http://localhost:7777/seaside/$1 [P,L] #
I was missing the last "/" before the "$1 [P,L]"
    </VirtualHost>

The problem I have, now is different.
Requests are being handled by Apache and redirected to the Smalltalk server,
but, when submitting forms, I get a page saying "Method not implemented". No
problems when browsing, but when it comes to submitting forms, always a
"Method not implemented" page.
I didn't have much time to see what is going wrong. Hopefully someone had
this problem before and can lend me a hand..
Thanks, greetings.
Leandro