[Seaside] Best way to keep a site look consistent

Andres Fortier andres at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar
Thu May 29 19:52:26 UTC 2008

Hi list,
            I guess this is a pretty basic question, but I just want
to get it right. I would like to have a site with a consistent frame
around the content (e.g. like the Hasso-Platter seaside tutorial
site). So far the way I found to do this is:

1. Define a decoration (e.g. WAMyCustomDecoration) which does
something like:

renderContentOn: html
		html
			divNamed: 'outer-container'
			with: [html
					divNamed: 'inner-container'
					with: [self renderOwnerOn: html]].

2. Define an abstract class for the site (e.g. WATemplateForMySite)
that performs:

initialize

		super initialize.
		self addDecoration: WAMyCustomDecoration new.

3. Make all the classes of my site subclass from WATemplateForMySite.

What I don't like very much are steps 2 and 3. Is there a better way
to do this? Maybe configuring something in the #updateRoot: message,
so that I'm not forced to subclass from WATemplateForMySite?

Thanks in advance,
                                Andrés