[Seaside] Ideas worth stealing

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Fri May 30 23:04:18 UTC 2008

I watched the screencast.  It is not the same thing.  I think you guys
are missing something key in that project of yours.

Active scaffold simply lets me point the app at a db and ZAM total
admin UI that looks nice with AJAX master detail editing.  I can then
filter out attributes that people ought not to edit, apply
permissions, and decorate the app with task links.

The demo shows app development.  I didn't develop a thing apart from
specify some mappings because the database used weird and inconsistent
naming conventions.

I also found it interesting that the app being developed in the
screencast didn't look nearly as sophisticated as the tools being used
to build it.  I don't find that a good selling point.

-Todd Blanchard