[Seaside] SEO and urls

sergio sergio at village-buzz.com
Mon Nov 3 21:24:19 UTC 2008

On Nov 3, 2008, at 3:52 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Webmaster Tools. Depending on the requirements this may not be
> sufficient, though. In our case (cmsbox.com) we tweaked Seaside a
> bit more to get completely "nice" URLs.

this makes sense..

i am currently developing in rails.

in rails, you still have to write a route to get a nice url.. i am
guessing there is some sort of equivalent in seaside..

there is a link to the tutorial in that conversation, but here's one
thing that i have found in the seaside documentation that drives me
crazy.. with this tutorial in particular:

http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/seaside/tutorial

if you are working on another section like so:

http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/swa/seaside/tutorial?_k=xKRzgrsE&_s=htedMzLQzwmfWmqI

and you work on it for a little while..

when you are ready to go to the next section, and you get next.. it
looks like the session times out, and you get go right back here:

http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/seaside/tutorial

which also means that the link referred to here:

http://www.nabble.com/SEO-and-Seaside-td17187198.html

which refers to this:

http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/swa/seaside//tutorial?_k=ryHLiysq&_s=cKcuDxudjEFewMRq#part4

and its discussion of entry points..

just points you to the first page of the tutorial..

that is kind of a pain.

___
peace,
sergio