[Seaside] lightbox and please wait dialog

Marco D'Ambros marco.dambros at lu.unisi.ch
Tue Nov 4 15:11:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

in a seaside application I am writing, some operations take a long
time to complete.
For this reason, I want to add a sort of "please wait" dialog to the
page which automatically disappears after the operation is performed.

I tried something like this:

html submitButton
	onClick:
		(html request callback: [self lightbox: (WAFormDialog new
addMessage: 'Please wait')]),
		(html request callback: [self rootApplication computeLongOperation]);
	text: ' compute long operation']

but it does not work. In particular I have to problems with that:
1 - the lightbox dialog is shown in the page only after the
#computeLongOperation completed
2 - I dunno how to make the dialog disappear after the
#computeLongOperation is completed.

any suggestions will be really appreciated :-)

thanks!
Marco