[Seaside] Deployment How-To - Seaside, Apache, Reverse Proxy, Server environment

Peter Osburg peter.osburg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 09:34:39 UTC 2008

Hi list,

After one year of abstinence from Smalltalk I had the chance to enter
the land of web development with Seaside again. It came up that I had to
take care of deploying a web app on a virtual server. After collection
all the information from different sources I decided to write a How-To.

It handles installing Squeak in a Linux environment and setting the
apache as a reverse proxy for the Seaside app. I believe for the most of
you this is nothing new but I wanted to write it down anyway and decided
to do it in my blog. Perhaps it will be helpful for some newcomers, too.

Here is the link:
http://peter-osburg.ehstpro.de/2008/11/11/deploying-squeak-on-a-virtual-server-with-linux/

Best regards,
Peter