[Seaside] ANN: Seaside 2.9a1 release

Lautaro Fernández evaklo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 12:29:58 UTC 2008

2008/11/18 Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com>

> 2008/11/17, Lautaro Fernández <evaklo at gmail.com>:

> >> working
> >>
> >> It means no changes need to be made. Swazoo 2.1 is supported out of
> >> the box (well in theory at least, in practice it has only been tested
> >> on Squeak).

> >> To get everything working in Squeak you need to:
> >> - open an "empty" Squeak image doesn't have Seaside, Sport or Swazoo
> >> loaded
> >> - drag and drop the attached file over the Squeak window
> >> - select "fileIn entire file"
> >> - if a debugger opens telling you that instance variables start with a
> >> lower case letter hit proceed
> >> - when everything is done evaluate
> >>  WASwazooAdaptor startOn: 8080
> >> - go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/seaside/tests/alltests
> >>

> > All ran OK, except to save the image. The WASqueakPlatfrorm (class) does
> not
> > understand the method "withName:withPriority:fork:", which is called from
> > the CTPusher(classs)>>startUp. I commented that part and the where no
> more
> > troubles anymore.
>
> Right, I forgot to add Comet-Squeak-Core.
>
> > About the first seaside-2-9-0a1.cs that Julian had attached, I keep
> getting
> > an error if I tried to load it on a fresh Squeak 3.9 image.
> > Internal Server Error
> > MessageNotUnderstood: WAKom>>dispatchRequest:
> >
> > I'm loading it wrong? (this didn't happened to me on last Thursday)
>
> Nope the script is wrong. It should load Seaside-Core-jf.320. It's
> probably time to publish an alpha2 script.
>
> >> If you open the Monticello Browser from the world menu you'll see a
> >> lot of Seaside-*, Javascript-*, Scriptaculous-*, RSS-* and JQuery-*
> >> packages that make up Seaside. Everything that has no -Squeak- in the
> >> package name should load directly into VW. Everything that has a
> >> -Squeak- in the package name has to be reimplemented (only if you want
> >> it of course). However most parts can probably be salvaged either from
> >> the existing 2.8 port or the Squeak implementation.
> >

> > Good to know, thank =]
> >

> >> Cincom supports Seaside so it's probably best to talk to them.
> >

> > The main problem is that they will port (or made it avaible) Seaside 2.9
> for
> > the next realise (which will be in US summer), but now we need to work
> with
> > Swazoo instead of Opentalk-Http (which does not support streaming
> > quite well).
> > But I'll try again to see if they can give me a workaround.
>
> Ok, let's to for another round. The attached change set contains the
> very latest code from yesterday evening. It has seen only very little
> testing. It loads almost everything including both Comanche and Swazoo
> because we only implemented Comet on Comanche.
>
> However the Seaside Control Panel now seems to work. You'll find it in
> the world menu under tools.

Thanks, but again I have no success, the script is inconsistent with their
errors..
(first try)
when is loading at some point the script gave me the following error:
ZipArchive(Object)>> 'can't find EOCD position'

(second try)
the same as the first...
ZipArchive(Object)>> 'file is too short'

I tried both in Squeak and also Pharo.

Bye,
Lautaro Fernández

> Cheers