[Seaside] PlotKit in Gemstone

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Fri Nov 21 15:36:59 UTC 2008

hi, I forgot to report this, it's a very stupid thing, but I think it's
worth fixing.

When I imported PlotKit into Gemstone (to use with Seaside, of course) I
had a small problem:

PKScriptLibrary >> #mochiKitJs has a very long String, apparently longer
that what's supported for literals in Gemstone. The very simple solution
for me was to cut the string in two, adding '+' roughly inthe middle.

In my case I cut it just before the line rading:

MochiKit.Base.update(MochiKit.Async.{evalJSONRequest:function(){

(it's the only appearance of evalJSONRequest:function in the code.

    I think it'll be a great idea to fix this in the repository, and
with it, PlotKit can be directly loaded from squeaksource into Gemstone.

    otherwise dale offered to host the project in Gemstone Monticello
server, but I think it doesn't make any sense to replicate it.

    richie

PS: I haven't loaded all SeaChart, juts PlotKit, PlotKitLibrary and
SeaChart. Examples seem to work :)