[Seaside] html & css basics and tutorial

r00t uk r00tuk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 23:04:42 UTC 2008

Hi

I am hoping to get some advice on how to proceed with HTML & CSS in
Squeak/Seaside as I am finding it a bit of a struggle to do the simple
stuff.  I do not have any prior experience with web programming, but I have
been going through the w3schools.com tutorials for guidance on creating the
#style method.  Its the rendering side of things which are a bit of a
struggle as all of the html is generated by Seaside.

Are there any tutorials on web programming with Seaside?  I have been
spending time getting to know Smalltalk and a bit of Seaside, but up until
now I have not been concentrating on learning html presentation, or using
css to manage its presentation. I am somewhat surprised that there appears
to be no information, documentation or tutorials on rendering except for
some information in the "HPI - An Introduction to Seaside" book.  I am
spending a lot of time looking at methods in the example and test classes,
which I don't mind, but I somehow doubt this is the best use of time.  Where
do I need to look for information about html rendering methods and message
values?

Thanks and sorry if I have completely missed some site that has relevent
documentation.