[Seaside] Profiling...

Richard E. Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Tue Nov 25 14:14:22 UTC 2008

One more question for you...

In my current app, I use Glorp for my database storage needs... So far
so good.. However, I see a few places in my code
where things seem to take longer than I'd expect and frankly I'm not
really sure what is consuming the time.  For instance,
my login page which does a database query to populate a select box
frequently takes a bit over a second to render on a
1.67Ghz Powerbook (ppc).

In older versions of Seaside I recall seeing a way to get a list of
how long various things took to render in a tree layout
but can't find that anymore -- just an overall list of how long the
page took to render. If I want to profile code whats the
best way to do that under VW/Seaside and will it include non-Seaside
items such as Glorp calls,etc?

Thanks!

-- Rick