[Seaside] A noob and a bloated image

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Wed Oct 1 02:18:38 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I noted that my Pharo image was almost 50 MB in size, which struck me
as excessive, and recalling reading something about cleaning out
orphaned sessions or something, I located a relevant FAQ with the needed
magic words:

     WARegistry clearAllHandlers.
     Smalltalk garbageCollect.

That dropped the image to 28MB, which I still suspect is large, but
that is my problem to sort out.

My point is that while "How do I purge all existing sessions that might
be open.?" is a perfectly reasonable question, it might help future
noobs to tie it to concepts such as image size, bloat, garbage
collection, etc. to aid with searches on the problem of a growing
image.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida