[Seaside] Trying to upgrade from 2.7a1-mb.216 to 2.8

Stephen Davies stephen.l.davies at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 18:00:29 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have a nicely setup image that contains 2.7 Seaside as per the subject
line.

I've been trying to ugrade that image to 2.8 Seaside, but every attempt
results in a CPU-loop and hung up Squeak.

I tried to load 2.8.2.563 from the Universe Browser
I tried to load 2.8a1-pnm.577 from Monticello (squeaksource repository).

In both cases the Loading bar slides its way to the right, whilst lots of
classes are recompiled.
The the "Cleaning Up" completes
Then "Reloading" appears and the progress bar gets about a third of the way
across the Squeak is hung up in a CPU loop.

I can't interrupt Squeak with Cmd-.

I'm looking for suggestions as to how to upgrade?

Thanks,
Steve