[Seaside] Some progress

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Mon Oct 6 15:59:24 UTC 2008

Hello all,

My plan is to use secure servers even in testing.  This particular
Apache installation is not yet cooperating, but I am gradually tracking
down the problems.  Either the current stumbling block is not related to
rewrites, or my rewrite logging is not working.

At some point, I expect to hit snags with Seaside's configuration.  I
have the book, and recall mention of the base URLs needing to be set.
Do you any of you script the setup?  My goal is to have something along
the lines of

   ConfigureSeaside
       application:'something'
       development:false
       on:'here.there.net'
       ssl:true.

The configuration part of Seaside is impressive, but I suspect a good
script would be easier to use and less error prone.  Any examples that
you have working and don't mind sharing would be appreciated.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology