[Seaside] Some progress

John Thornborrow john at pinesoft.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 16:07:35 UTC 2008

Hi Bill,

We (at Pinesoft) use 'secure' servers to deploy our apps. We prefer to
use the Apache module http_proxy to redirect instead of mod_rewrite, but
others may prefer differently.

Apache is setup as close to default as can be for SSL, with an OpenSSL
encryption key in most instances (unless the client is willing to pay
for a signed one..)

As for scripting the setup, here is an example from one of our apps:

OurApplication class>>registerAsSSLApplication
    "Register with deployment preferences."

    | application |

    application := self registerAsApplication: 'foo'.

    application preferenceAt: #deploymentMode put: true.
    application preferenceAt: #resourceBaseUrl put: '/'.
    application preferenceAt: #serverPath put: '/'.
    application preferenceAt: #serverPort put: 443.
    application preferenceAt: #serverProtocol put: #https.
    application preferenceAt: #errorHandler put: OurErrorHandler.
    "etc .. "

Hope this helps.

John

www.pinesoft.co.uk