[Seaside] Dynamically changed lists and forms

Andres Fortier andres at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar
Mon Oct 6 17:37:03 UTC 2008

Hi list,
           I have the following situation: the user starts with an
empty list, adds elements dynamically (using javascript) and the
submits the form and I need to gather the values entered by the user.
My first approach was something like:

html form
	with:[

html select
	id: 'path_points';
	size: 6;
	list: self points.

html button
	value: 'Add Point';
	bePush;
	onClick: 'addPoint();'.

html submitButton
	callback: [self addPath];
	text: 'Add Path'.
	].

where:

function addPoint() {
var parent = document.getElementById("path_points");
var latVal = document.getElementById("newPointLat").value;
var longVal = document.getElementById("newPointLong").value;
var point = latVal + "," + longVal;
var newOpt = document.createElement("option");
newOpt.text = point;
newOpt.value = point;
parent.options.add(newOpt);
}

the function works ok (at least I can see the elemnts being added to
the list). However when the #addPath message is called as the result
of submitting the form the collection of points is empty. Could
anybody tell me what am I doing wrong or what am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
				Andrés