[Seaside] How to show the errors produced when a SUEvaluator is used ?

Burella Juan M. juan.burella at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 19:39:54 UTC 2008

Hello all.

When I use a SUEvaluator and an error occurs, an the error isn't rendered,
whereas with a SUUpdater works properly. How to show the errors produced
when a SUEvaluator is used ?
Here is the code to reproduce the problem

renderContentOn: aRenderer

    aRenderer select
        list: #(2 1 4 5 6);
        selected: 1;
        id: 'updaterList';
        callback: [ self error: 'an unexpected error' ]; "Show the error
report"
        onChange: (aRenderer updater
                                id: 'show';
                                triggerFormElement: 'updaterList';
                                callback: [ :r | r html: 'hello' ]).

        aRenderer select
            list: #(2 1 4 5 6);
            selected: 1;
            id: 'evaluatorList';
            callback: [ self error: 'an unexpected error' ];
            onChange:  (aRenderer evaluator
                                triggerFormElement: 'evaluatorList';
                                callback: [ :r | r element id: 'show';
                                                    update: [ : rr| rr html:
'hello'] ]).

        aRenderer div id: 'show'; with: ''

I'm using Seaside2.8a1-pmm.577 and   Scriptaculous-lr.242

Thanks in advance.
Juan M.