[Seaside] How to show the errors produced when a SUEvaluator is used ?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 06:54:39 UTC 2008

>  When I use a SUEvaluator and an error occurs, an the error isn't rendered,
> whereas with a SUUpdater works properly. How to show the errors produced
> when a SUEvaluator is used ?

I assume you are already using FireBug.

SUEvaluator should open a debugger in your image, but in this case the
form callbacks are not caught (only the primary callback). Can you
file a bug-report on this. SUUpdater normally renders in some way to
the page, but this is not visible in all cases.

It is a difficult problem, because Seaside cannot know what the user
wants to do with the generated output. I guess using something like
FireBug is the only feasible solution. In the log of FireBug you
immediately see any problems.

Cheers,
Lukas

--