[Seaside] How to show the errors produced when a SUEvaluator is used ?

Burella Juan M. juan.burella at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 01:01:27 UTC 2008

Lukas, thank you very much for your response.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:54 AM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> >  When I use a SUEvaluator and an error occurs, an the error isn't
> rendered,
> > whereas with a SUUpdater works properly. How to show the errors produced
> > when a SUEvaluator is used ?
>
> I assume you are already using FireBug.
>
> SUEvaluator should open a debugger in your image, but in this case the
> form callbacks are not caught (only the primary callback). Can you
> file a bug-report on this. SUUpdater normally renders in some way to
> the page, but this is not visible in all cases.
>
> It is a difficult problem, because Seaside cannot know what the user
> wants to do with the generated output.

I would like to replace the contents of the tag body with the error report.
Something like:

[ "proceses callback" ]
      on: Error
      do: [ : err | aScript element
id: (SUStream on: 'document.body');
 update:  [: render |  self reportError: err on: render ] ]

It is possible?

I guess using something like
> FireBug is the only feasible solution. In the log of FireBug you
> immediately see any problems.

Yes, I use it, but the problem is that I cannot inform users that an error
has occurred

> Cheers,
> Lukas

Regards