[Seaside] Re: #urlForDocument: w/o canvas?

Udo Schneider Udo.Schneider at homeaddress.de
Thu Oct 16 08:23:08 UTC 2008

Hi Julian,

> I haven't really been following this discussion but note that instead
> of a brush you can also just create a class (not a component) that
> responds to #renderOn:. Then in your #renderContentOn: in your
> component, you can create an instance of that class and pass it to
> "html render:".
I wasn't aware of this. I think I can combine both approaches by
providing a brush (for render methods where the content changes on a
per-render run basis) and by using your solution for more static stuff
(which uses the brush internally of course).

> Maybe a brush is more natural for your case, I don't know, but I
> wanted to make sure you were aware that brush/component are not the
> only two options.
Thanks. It's always good to add a trick to ones bag.

CU,

Udo