[Seaside] Re: #urlForDocument: w/o canvas?

Udo Schneider Udo.Schneider at homeaddress.de
Thu Oct 16 10:58:06 UTC 2008

Sebastian,

>>> I don't use the swf object you mention. In the render phase
>> is ok to create
>> You can't - I'm currently working on it :-)
>>
> Oh you do. Just using the canvas and you are creating WAxxxTag objects that will
> last for that render alone. What you should not do is to create Seaside
> components in that phase.

Now I'm getting confused :-) What I meant is that I currently work on
SWFObject - so there was no chance you could have known it.

Regarding WAXXXTag - I'm currently going this way - although my stuff is
subclassed from WABrush as there is no simpla Tag Mapping.

> Please don't confuse creating temp objects with creating temp components. I
> didn't mention to create temp components. Now you say that I get the idea of
> maybe your wrapper is a component and there is not really justified for it to be
> a componenet (which mostly depends on it using call:/show:/answer: methods).
You're right - this was part of my bad gut feeling. I'm currently
redoing the stuff as brush and it simply feels natural.

CU,

Udo