[Seaside] WAComponentsNotFoundError when working the To Do tutorial from "An Introduction to Seaside"

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Oct 16 15:08:28 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Steven" == Steven Greenberg <greenbes at puzzlingevidence.net> writes:

Steven> I put a breakpoint in #children, and it appears to be returning the
Steven> right components.

But are they the very same components as during the render?

A common beginner mistake is to recreate child components on each access.

That's ok, as long as you hold on to those *exact* components during the
callback phase (returning them from #children), because the callback URLs have
to point into *those* objects to know what blocks to run and state to manage.

Even better is to create your child components during your first creation
during #initialize, or lazily on first access, and then keep reusing those
components on every render.

If that helps you understand the problem, great.  If not, we'll probably need
to see more code.