[Seaside] Authentication task and https

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Thu Oct 16 20:09:03 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I am working on my reference manager.  One of the first things I did
was create a task for authentication, and that works as intented: give
it a user name and password it likes, and you are in; it does not allow
users to register themselves, which is the intended behavior.

Since I switched to https, I now note that timeouts (I think) result in
an http request which Apache is configured to ignore.  I probably just
need to set the #serverProtocol to 'https', but thought I should ask
first because I then have to explain why it works the first time
around.

Any words of wisdom?

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.