[Seaside] Why do I have to use #children here?

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 16:06:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Sebastian Nozzi
<sebnozzi at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> And no, you don't need to worry about "leaking" memory. Any components
>> you are no longer using will get garbage collected once the stored
>> continuations that reference them are expired from the cache.
>
> And when does that happen? When the session expires?

When the continuations expire. The _k you see in the URL is the unique
ID of the continuation or "page view". The default is to keep 20
around (which is 10 pages, really: 1 continuation for callback
handling and one for rendering) to allow some backtracking and they
expire based on a Least Recently Used algorithm. Obviously when the
session expires, all of its continuations also expire.

Julian