[Seaside] sharing sessions through links..

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Tue Oct 28 21:05:15 UTC 2008

Nevin Pratt wrote:
> Boris Popov wrote:
>> Nevin,
>> It already does, see senders of #checkCookiesField for more detail,
>> Cheers,
>> -Boris
> Ah, OK!  A sender of #checkCookiesField is WASession>>performRequest:,
> and the browser check seems to be done as follows:
>    aRequest fields includesKey: self checkCookiesField
> Thanks!
> Nevin

       ^ cookiesEnabled
        and: [self application useSessionCookie]

So, apparantly 'cookiesEnabled' is exactly what I want, and I don't have
to do the browser check code I mention above.

However, cookiesEnabled is set to 'false' under the following conditions:

    ((aRequest fields includesKey: self checkCookiesField)
            and: [aRequest cookies isEmpty])
        ifTrue: [cookiesEnabled := false].

My question is: why do we care if 'aRequest cookies isEmpty'?  Why
should that have anything to do with whether or not the browser accepts