[Seaside] how much introduction?

Taun lists at moedae.net
Wed Oct 29 14:17:06 UTC 2008

I think the real point Philippe made is a good one. It is not good for the Squeak/Smalltalk community to point a new user to an alpha product. The new user should be pointed to a stable functional platform so they can concentrate on learning the language not the platform bugs.

Philippe's example of breakage was an example for why Pharo might not be good for Sergio. As an additional example, I was using Pharo the other day and while testing one of my models, I discovered #timesRepeat: was broken. Imagine Sergio running some simple sample code loops and getting the wrong answer. What is that going to do to his newly forming opinion of Squeak?

Again, these are not criticisms of Pharo, simply reasons why Pharo might not be the right tool for a beginning Squeak/Seaside user.

Taun