[Seaside] Monticello 2

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Thu Oct 30 18:20:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Matthew Fulmer <tapplek at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought Monticello 2 was still in the alpha
> phase, didn't yet support remote repositories, and only worked
> on Squeak.

I would say it's at least in beta at this point, and there is finally
a reasonable scheme for remote repositories: MC2's "directory
repository" type with a DropBox shared folder (http://getdropbox.com)
does nearly everything I would want a for remote development.  (Though
not for distribution or deployment: there's no way to grant read-only
access, and I don't know how to set it up on a headless linux server).

It does only work on Squeak so far, though.

Avi