[Seaside] [SeasideXUL] - How to navigate to another component by clicking on treecell

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 3 00:57:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a SeasideXUL question I have been struggling with for a while.

Let me give a brief explanation what I am trying to do. I have rows of a
parent entity displayed in XUL tree (as table). I am trying to provide
navigation to child entities by clicking a corresponding cell. Let's say
multiple Persons data are displayed, in each row there are 3 cells, cell 1
displays person name, cell 2 represents association to  the Toys entity for
that Person, cell 3 association to Cars entity for that Person.

I am trying to achive that by clicking on cell 2, the Toys component is
called, clicking on cell 3 the Cars component is called. Is there a way to do
it? I could not figure it out.

Thanks Milan

PS: I am able to do row-level navigation, using param1 and currentIndex
javascript property, clicking at a row displays component with data for that
row. But I need, in addition, some cells respond to cell click (before the
row select kicks in).