[Seaside] [Newbie] Storing state in cookie instead of URL

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Sun Sep 7 21:03:45 UTC 2008

...am I correct then in thinking that the
> _s (session key) is then stored in the cookie after login/authn/authz
> and because Smalltalk/Seaside has to grab objects from the
> continuation, it has to know the _k value so that it can then find the
> user objects, page objects, etc ?

_s tells Seaside which session is the request about and _k which continuation performs the next step. The continuation has a snapshot of the state of all the objects that process needs to continue from there. So it wont find, it is :)  not become water, be water my friend, be water... ;)

Cheers and welcome to the beach!

Sebastian