[Seaside] WAKom configuration for static files does not work if image is moved to another host

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Wed Sep 10 17:48:12 UTC 2008

I'm developing a web application on my linux laptop. To
be as self contained as possible I configured WAKom to
serve the javascript and stylesheet files with the
following configuration:

ma := ModuleAssembly core.
ma serverRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'webroot')
fullName.
ma alias: '/seaside' to: [ma addPlug: [:request | seaside process:
request]].
ma documentRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'webroot')
fullName.
ma directoryIndex: 'index.html index.htm'.
ma serveFiles.
(HttpService startOn: 9090 named: 'httpd') plug: ma rootModule

This works quite well. But if I move the image to another host the
web application works but the image does not serve the static
files. For every request I get an 404 from Comanche.

Any ideas? I've checked that there are no permission problems
or similar things.

Norbert