[Seaside] Re: Question about #call:, continuations and responses

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 18 19:13:11 UTC 2008

"Julian Fitzell" <jfitzell at gmail.com> wrote in message

> I think the problem is that the AJAX callbacks don't do the normal
> 2-phase action/render sequence

I have struggled to understand why. Is there a (simple explanation of the)
reason? I understand that to Seaside it is just an event to process. But to
me, the application programmer, why should it not appear as

(a) execute my callback, change domain model, components, etc.
(b) render incremental update on a provided canvas

?

Is there a reason this is inappropriate?

Thanks - Sophie