[Seaside] Re: Question about #call:, continuations and responses

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 19:52:57 UTC 2008

> I have struggled to understand why. Is there a (simple explanation of the)
>  reason? I understand that to Seaside it is just an event to process. But to
>  me, the application programmer, why should it not appear as
>
>  (a) execute my callback, change domain model, components, etc.
>  (b) render incremental update on a provided canvas

There is no such "incremental update" model in Seaside. Seaside cannot
automatically figure out what components changed, and even if it
could, Seaside cannot address the affected DOM elements.

>  Is there a reason this is inappropriate?

Seaside was designed for plain HTTP, not AJAX.

You can easily build such a model on top of Seaside though. I have,
and several other people, did such things.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli