[Seaside] Lighttpd server and seaside

Dario Trussardi dtrussardi at tiscali.it
Fri Sep 19 16:44:12 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I work wit GLASS ( Gemstone on a Ubuntu with Lighttpd web server configured on port 8181.

I have some description based on MAFileDescription.
My objective is to manage the relative I/O file from the lighttpd server.

I add to the MAFileDescription  the code kind: MAExternalFileModel.

And i change the baseUrl of MAExternalFileModel to: '' for point to the server.

But d'ont work.

Now for understand the configuration  i think to test all in Squeak ( Seaside 2.8a1 pmm.577 )

A) I have do some test about lighttpd configuration.

The fastcgi.server work fine.

But the server.document-root d'ont work.

In the server i have create the /var/www/testdtr with the file pizze.jpg

And the lighttpg.conf is set with:
>server.document-root       = "/var/www/"

$HTTP["url"]=~ "/image" {
> server.document-root       = "/var/www/testdtr/"}

Now from the browser when digit  :

1) the system answer with the Index of /testdtr/

    or  the system answer the error HTTP 404 file not found

Anyone have idea about this problem ?

B) For now the MAFileDescription configured as on, when define  save the relative file on Squeak2.3\File\fb\goz........ directory on the client.

    And when view d'ont display anything . The relative URL is set

    Where i wrong ?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!