[Seaside] Seaside URL and FLEX HTTPService

Thierry Thelliez thierry.thelliez.tech at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 22:30:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

How would you encode a Seaside URL to be FLEX friendly? The URL was
obtained from a call to urlForAction.

You cannot send the URL with HTTPService in Flex
(http://www.bpurcell.org/blog/index.cfm?entry=1040&mode=entry).
But trying the mx:request proposed solution, a <_s> was transformed in
%5Fs. And I am not sure how you would pass the third value ("1") for a
URL like: http://myserver/seaside/myapp?_s=_DHqtxKBVBxRuX1o&_k=LvjV2ZDx&1

I tried creating an object
                        var o:Object =
URLUtil.stringToObject(urlParam, "&amp;");
		sField = o._s;
		kField = o._k;
		var params:Object = {};
			params["_s"] = sField;
			params["_k"] = kField;
			params["1"] = "";

and then called a myHTTPService.send(params); but this still did not work.

I also tried to pass a fully encoded URL but then FLEX sends:
/seaside/myapp?_s=_DHqtxKBVBxRuX1o&amp;_k=LvjV2ZDx&amp;1

This does not work either becasuse of the &amp;

Has someone connected FLEX and Seaside through HTTPServer? Or other means?

Thanks,
Thierry