[Seaside] Moving from win to linux

Amos aaamos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 10:15:00 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Probably a stupid question, but are there any particular caveats when
moving from a windows-based environment to a linux-based one?

After many months of not touching Seaside/Squeak (lack of time, not
lack of interest... *sigh*) I tried moving my image (image file +
changes file) from Win2k to my Ubuntu machine, and all the code I'd
written ages ago survived intact. However, the local seaside app
refuses to render the pages with the images and stylesheets as it
still does in Win2k (although the path in the source looks ok). Where
there are hardcoded slashes, they're forward slashes, which seems to
work in both environments.

I'm guessing it's something simple, but I feel like I can't see the
woods for the trees...

Cheers,

Amos